The parish of St Austin and St Gregory with St Anne in Margate is a Roman Catholic parish belonging to the Archdiocese of Southwark and part of the Thanet Deanery.
St Austin’s is a beautiful Church in the heart of Margate, on the corner of Charlotte Place and Victoria Road. (If you are coming from the sea front, bear right at the clock tower, proceed up the hill to Cecil Square and turn right at the traffic lights. Charlotte Square and Charlotte Place is the fourth turning on the left). Our parish, established in 1797, is centred round our historic church, which began its life in 1804 as a mission chapel. Although the exterior is modest, visitors are pleasantly surprised by its fine interior.
Everybody is welcome to visit the Church for Mass, or any of our other services. We also have social events which are open to all. See our weekly newsletter Margate Parish News for information about events.
On March 1st 2012 the parish of Ss Austin & Gregory formally merged with the parish of St Anne, Cliftonville to form one new parish. The presbytery at St Anne’s is now closed and all administration and enquiries are dealt with by the Parish Office at St Austin’s.
St Anne’s Church is situated on the Eastern Esplanade, Cliftonville. Built in 1926, the Church was originally intended to accommodate over 1000 people. The present building was completed in the 1960s and remains an impressive building in the perpendicular gothic style. An important feature of the Church is the statue of St Anne with the Blessed Virgin Mary.